Security. Experience. Unmatched Service.
Gershman Mortgage is among the largest mortgage companies in the Midwest with offices in Missouri, Illinois, Colorado, Iowa and Oklahoma. The firm was founded in St. Louis, MO by Solon Gershman in 1955. Upon his return from the World War II, he worked with builders to arrange financing for people who wanted to fulfill the American Dream of owning their own home. He quickly earned a reputation for honesty and integrity. Since then, the company has grown to be one of the only independently-owned and operated mortgage companies nationwide offering residential, multifamily apartment and healthcare facility financing.
Who We Are
Our company was founded in St. Louis (Clayton), Missouri over 60 years ago and we are still headquartered there. We have offices in Chesterfield, Kirkwood, St. Peters, South St. Louis City, Branson and Springfield, MO; Chicago, O’Fallon, and Swansea, IL; Des Moines, Ankeny and Cedar Falls, IA; Denver, CO; Tampa, FL and Minco, OK. We provide financing for multifamily projects and healthcare facilities nationwide. Our founding principles of expert knowledge and unmatched service remain the hallmark of our business.
Gershman Mortgage is a strongly capitalized company run by a staff of senior officials, each capable of directly carrying out a variety of responsibilities. Our growth and profitability are directly attributable to the team’s “hands-on” approach to management and direct involvement in the day-to-day running of the company.
What We Do
Residential Financing: We offer a wide range of mortgage products including home loans, refinance mortgages, reverse mortgages and more. We are one of the area’s leaders in FHA / VA and conventional single-family home loans. We have financed over 280,000 loans in the St. Louis area alone.
Multifamily Apartments and Healthcare Facility Financing: Nationally, we service $1.5 billion in loans for multifamily and healthcare facilities. We specialize in providing and servicing all types of financing for apartments, nursing homes, assisted living facilities and hospitals utilizing tax free and taxable bonds. In addition to HUD financing, we offer other conventional financing options as well.
What We Offer You
We are the best listeners, problem-solvers and advisers in our industry. We have decades of experience in mortgage lending and a reputation that few lenders can equal. We understand today’s market and spend countless hours researching the options and information you need to know.
Our veteran team of professionals is knowledgeable in all aspects of origination, underwriting and closing of mortgage loans for residential, multifamily apartments and healthcare facilities. Whether you are looking for your first home, refinancing a jumbo loan or wanting to secure financing for a new nursing home or assisted living facility, Gershman Mortgage has an expert to assist you.
We will help you find the right mortgage to meet your personal goals. We will be there for you when you buy your “starter” house, when you move to a larger home, when you downsize, or when you identify a business opportunity.
For more than half a century, Gershman Mortgage has been actively engaged with the residential and multifamily apartments/healthcare facility mortgage markets and has assisted our neighbors and clients re-imagine their lives and community.
- Gershman is one of the only mortgage companies nationwide to offer both residential and multifamily and healthcare facility financing and offers both conventional and HUD-insured financing for existing and new construction projects.
- Gershman has originated over $30 billion in home loans and financed over 275,000 home mortgages.
- Gershman is an area leader in FHA/VA and conventional single-family home loans.
- Gershman is ranked among the top 10 originators for FHA multifamily programs by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- Gershman was named one of the nation’s “Top Commercial Servicers” by Mortgage Servicing News and National Mortgage News.
- Gershman services $1.5 billion for multifamily and healthcare facilities nationwide.
- Gershman secured financing for 15 projects in downtown St. Louis totaling nearly $262 million including: Park Pacific Apartments ($63 million), The Laurel ($44.9 million), The Lofts at the Highlands ($32.8 million), Pointe 400 ($26 million), Soulard Market Loft Apartments ($18 million), and Paul Brown Lofts ($16 million).
- Gershman is one of a small, select group of lenders nationwide to be HUD-approved for MAP (Multifamily Accelerated Processing) for apartments and LEAN processing for nursing homes and assisted living facilities.
- Gershman is an approved Ginnie Mae mega-servicer.