An FHA loan is a mortgage insured by the Federal Housing Administration. FHA loans offer down payment options as low as 3.5% in addition to a less stringent qualification. To protect lenders from a loss if the borrower should default, mortgage insurance is required on all FHA loans.
For eligible borrowers, FHA loans offer lower down payment options with flexible credit score requirements. This is typically a good option for first-time homebuyers but is available to all eligible borrowers.
- First-time homebuyers
- Borrowers with low-to-moderate incomes
- Borrowers with lower credit scores
- Down payments as low as 3.5%
- Various property types qualify, including single-family, condos, and manufactured homes
- Fixed and Adjustable-Rate Mortgage (ARM) Terms Available
- Financing up to 96.5% of purchase price
- Flexible qualification requirements
This is for informational purposes only and not an offer to lend or extend credit. Subject to credit and income approval. Terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.*